Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Getting on Star King


First off, it's late...so I'm already a little grumpy.

But I am so tired of people asking me how to get on Star King. I didn't mind responding personally to the first handful of inquiries on the topic, but the sheer number of letters I've gotten about it recently is ridiculous. So I must clarify once and for all:

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO GET ON STAR KING.

Sorry. As I said before, I started making those videos for fun...usually when I had writer's block or had a song stuck in my head. I had no kpop career intentions when I started posting. I did it because I had (have) a sincere love for the kpop-culture and wanted to connect with others sharing my interest. I honestly didn't think anyone would look at my page besides my mom...who can barely start a PC solitaire game on her own. SO basically, I thought it would go unnoticed. Now imagine my surprise (or skepticism, rather) when a producer from the show contacted me via YouTube mail. After exchanging a few emails (until I was sure it was legit), we chatted on the phone and they were basically like "We buy ticket. You come now!"
And literally, within a couple of days, I was on a plane to Seoul. My head was reeling, everything happened so fast.
My point is, I couldn't tell you how to find Star King. They find your ass. Secret Society, Mafia style...trash bag over the head, chloroform in your nose, and BOOM! - you're doin' a soft shoe on stage the next night...probably with Boom. (hehe, see what I did there?)

So relax, do what you do...do it well (i think it helps to be an oddball), and perhaps the Star King clan will catch your scent and emerge from the shadows...

Best of Luck!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah THEY found you. Keep doing what you do. That's not for those who are waiting for your video (like me ^_^), That's for yourself.

    @scgyong

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAA... there's so many people ask how to get on Starking ???~woowww...~ you rock it Natalie....
    but..it's fun right ? you can meet double crazy Boom and hodong...
    >0<......maybe you will invite again in Starking someday...i watch u...soo hilarious....when dancing Bad Boy..Go Natalie....wkwkwkwk

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol its cool that THEY invited you there...on another note.PEOPLE! if you want to get on starking, go online to their page and it has info! ( it may be in korean lol) and they have their number on each episode.
    By the way, natalie you rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you are damn LUCKY that you could even get on Star King! And you could even talk to Nichkhun! I would want to get on that stage! If only I could... = =

    ReplyDelete