Thursday, July 16, 2009

YouTube leaves no stone unturned

In 2003, I appeared on a talent competition on ABC called "All American Girl"...it was like a sister show to American Idol, same production company and everything, led by Nigel Lythgoe. The only difference was all the contestants were female and we had to do a little bit of everything, not just singing. This gave us many more opportunities to suck. The format was the same - celebrity judges served as mentors (Ginger Spice, John Salley, Suzanne de Passe) and the public voted a girl off each week. Long ago, I had hoped to take this to my grave, but luckily...I've grown up and am totally comfortable poking fun at myself. Besides, the experience was pretty rad. The show was lots of fun and I'm kinda bummed I dont have any footage from it now....but someone found this on YouTube and I nearly spit my spaghettiOs. Maybe I'll talk about it more at a later date...oh the STORIES...but I'm just not ready to go there yet, haha...but once I saw this I thought I should at least share it. This was the opening performance of the very first live show. We did "Hold On" by EnVogue (dunno who decided on that)...and boy oh boy, it is a masterpiece of bad dancing & vocal FAIL.

ENJOY



...things DID get better as the weeks went on, haha.

I do have fond memories of this show and all the people I met...of course, I feel very fortunate to have been a part of the program - we got to work with some really cool people (like Carrie Ann Inaba and Mandy Moore...those poor ladies had their work cut out for them with some of those chicks, let me tell you). Anyway, it was a great opportunity and I was glad I stayed on through the entire season. It's definitely what opened the door for me to get to LA after I graduated.

Once upon a time, one of the other contestants from the show (Ashley) and I discussed getting together and doing a DVD with commentary for the entire series. I'm thinking we should resurrect that idea. It would be hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment